One Pan Tasty Roasted Chicken With Sumac Recipe
- 30 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1.4 kilograms chicken
- 500 grams baby beetroot, trimmed
- 250 grams baby carrots, trimmed
- 250 grams yellow baby carrots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 100 grams Greek fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah
Preheat your oven to 180°C (160° fan-assisted oven).
Combine butter and sumac in a small bowl mixing thoroughly so the two are combined thoroughly.
Next rub the sumac butter mixture all over the outside of the chicken; you can add some pepper seasoning over the top of the chicken also if you wish.
Using kitchen string, tie the chicken legs together and place in a large roasting pan. Wrap beetroot individually in foil; add to pan with chicken.
Roast your sumac chicken for 30 minutes.
Roast for a further 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
Cover chicken loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel beetroot and cut in half. Return beetroot to pan.
Serve roast chicken and vegetables with mint, fetta and dukkah.
** For a vegetarian alternative - simply use egg plant instead of chicken.**